View Single Post
Old 03-22-19, 09:37 AM
VanRAH

Bikes: Colin Laing

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Greetings Poguemahone & all; Thank you for your post. Time isn't much of a factor. As my deceased friend & his wife hadn't ridden these bikes in years. And as far as the Laing goes it's been hanging for at least 4 or 5 years. I had cleaned & waxed it after a short ride back then. And found a very little bit of deterioration on some of the chrome so I polished it off & greased the chrome. That's why it looks so dirty as the dust just clings to the grease. Yesterday I got out the Reynold's 531 tube set that I had encased in grease-oil 25 years ago & put into a heavy tube. I haven't opened it yet. That's on todays agenda along with taking pictures of the set. And I have to get back down to the basement & finish sorting what might go & what to keep. That is very hard to do, because it means that I'm done "too damn old" & I don't really want to except that thought. Anyway I'm holding off posting anywhere (FB, CL) until I join here as I want to give you guys first shot at this unusual stuff. So watch for my posts around the 1st or 2nd of April. Thank you for the feed back, Ole' Bob.