Old 03-22-19, 10:49 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not screwing anything up. I can keep a line, hold a wheel, take a hole safely, corner at speed, etc....

I was told about who the folks were afterwards. I wasn't assuming folks are one thing or another. I've done a couple races and this seemed well beyond what I'd done.

There wasn't a protocol I could gather other than get your team or yourself to the ending city limit sprint first. People did rotate the right direction and act as the back door if you weren't pulling when there wasn't an attack or something. I could have sworn I was getting guttered on purpose a few times (echelon properly, and the echelon moves you to the centerline or the shoulder). Whatever. I wasn't going to do that to someone on a sim-ride, so that's on me.

I can't do that on a sim ride knowing the course isn't closed behind us and cars are closing and end up pushing someone out into a possibly passing car. In a race there isn't a car trying to pass you on the left while someone is shoved over to the middle.

Whatever. I guess I'll just act safely and do what I'm going to do if I go back and not worry about it.