Old 03-27-19, 07:31 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4802 Post(s)
Liked 3,922 Times in 2,551 Posts
Originally Posted by HM70
I say Fuji because they were sponsoring our Western Mass UCSF club in mid 70' s. Dealer was out of Boston. Top riders got Fuji club frames to ride. Rest of us rode what we could afford. Still wear my wool jersey with FUJI emblazoned on my back.
Wow! Memories! Did you ride for the club out of Amherst/North Hampton? North or Valley something? Black jerseys and black Fuji Pros in 1977? I raced for NEBC and worked for LifeCycle in Cambridge assembling Fujis and Centurians. Saw Gene Ritvo, distributor for Fuji and LifeCycle owner frequently. I too used to have Fuji jerseys, (Still have one, but in 1977 Fuji stopped sponsoring us, I had pockets sewn over the lettering.) Did Jones Cycle Wear make your jerseys?

I had friends in that Amherst club whose name I will remember after I post this. One rider I rode back from Bethel Maine with. Another I lost to at Putney on the final climb.

Thanks!

Ben