mrjav
Girardenghista

Bikes: Tommasini SL, Ciöcc SL, Somec MS, Rossin Ghibli, many many more

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Finally finished the Reparto Corse...

Going back to this one, turns out it was a scale issue! It's heavier than previously thought, no ridges near the bb, no chrome, Bianchi dropouts, so I'm going with maybe an SL, SP, Cromor or Thron frame. Nevertheless, it cleaned up beautifully, thanks to perfect match touchup from local builder and all around nice guy Jeffrey Bock. A couple of decals from Australia were the perfect match as well.

I built it up with my current favorite setup... 10v downtube shifters paired with empty Ergo brake levers. Delta brakes and SGR pedals and whatever silver 10v I have laying around! The tubular wheel set was used in Paris-Roubaix by the Liquigas team BITD but may be replaced with some Ambrosio blue clinchers for daily use.

For the empty Ergo's, I am trying to get the spacers for the Record TT brake levers modeled and 3D printed. These are unknown of by the Campy USA folks and may not have ever been a separate part. They fill the guts of the empty Ergo levers after you take out the shifting parts.

The cockpit breaks all of my rules, as it is an ITM stem paired to a Modolo bar with Cinelli cork tape! Talk about a trifecta! Again, whatever was laying around!

The saddle is one of many Aliante's from the Liquigas period. I made a trip to JoAnne's for some celeste ribbon and industrial grade cement, covered the wrong-shade of green and... we'll see if the edges rip apart my bibs or if it just melts the glue into a mucky mess! All for the fashion....

Last edited by mrjav; 03-30-19 at 05:54 PM.