View Single Post
Old 04-05-19, 05:59 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
Once I contemplated renting a cheap motel room close to the hospital so I wouldn't need to drive (or be driven) the following days of follow up.
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
"Contemplating" a course of action , with no ability or willingness to follow up on such "contemplation", is not a solution to dealing with any problem, medical or otherwise.
I had interpreted “contemplating" as considering alternatives, as originally requested in the OP:
Originally Posted by Machka
Dealing with Medical Situations ... after the emergency has passed.

…Now I'll ask the question, how do you deal with medical situations? Situations where you can't ride your bicycle or walk ... and can't drive.

What services do you have in your area to help you?

Obviously if it is really bad, you'll call an ambulance.
But suppose you need to get to important medical appointments or carry on every-day life while not being able to get out and about.
I am familiar with several houses associated with hospitals that provide housing for relatives of patients at least; e.g Ronald McDonald, Fisher Houses.

So staying near the Hospital for intensive (e.g. daily) outpatient visits seems like a good idea, if possible and affordable, and may further aid in recovery (at least no vital sign checks every two to four hours round the clock).

My (rhetorical) question to @mtb_addict would be, so what did you do, and how did it compare to your “contemplation”?

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 04-05-19 at 09:15 AM.