View Single Post
Old 04-05-19, 10:03 AM
rowebr

Bikes: 1981 Bianchi Limited 650B conversion (sold), 1985(?) Guerciotti retro-roadie, 2018 Specialized Allez Sprint, 2012 Specialized Crux, mid 80's Focus MB-400

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevinabbot View Post
I am 17 115lbs and 53. I was built to climb. Whenever I go out group rides with experienced cyclists I pass them on climbs.

So I am a climber?
Sure but I have only started riding since July of 2018. I have put down 4500 miles and done multiple centuries but none with tons of climbing.

I know Skyline drive is climbing climbing climbing (I would be starting north and head southbound). I wanna do it and I know it will be my hardest ride yet. My dad said he would be in a car ready to resupply me and stuff. He has done it before too..

think i can do it?
Of course you should give it a try, especially with your Dad there to help out if needed.

If you start from Front Royal early in the morning on a weekday, you should have several hours of riding with very little traffic.

It can be much colder up there on Skyline drive than down in the valley.

Even if the forecast is for a warm day, I would bring a light packable wind vest and thin long finger gloves.

Good luck!