cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Kurt, you have really jumped hard back into the C&V game!
More like hard into flipping for one darn frame. I plan to keep nothing but the Pro. That doesn’t include the two modern Giant Brass 1’s, ‘84 Free Spirit Birittany, Ammaco city bike, and Schwinn City 2 that I have to finish. Oh, and the ‘49 Schwinn is back, also a flip (I can’t tell you how much I hate that thing).

Originally Posted by Hudson308
You may have some luck removing the spray paint and primer with lacquer thinner. Used sparingly it shouldn't hurt the original paint.
The plan is to polish down the primer with compound. See what’s underneath...

Originally Posted by wrk101
Among the riskier moves I have done to remove a stuck post is to drive it IN first using a big mallet. Mounted in a vise and twisting you need to be careful or you can bend the frame. I've done it.

In the end, carefully cutting it out is the best option if if it badly stuck. But first, I will soak it with Kroil for several days and then put it in the vise. Never grab the stays to twist!
I can see that working like a reverse slide hammer. Not sure I want to risk it here, because - believe it or not - the SR post isn’t dead yet. If I could just apply downwards (or in the case of where it is now, upwards) force when twisting, it’d squeak its way out.

ill only twist the frame from the head tube and seat tube. Stays are off limits.

-Kurt