View Single Post
Old 04-08-19, 10:41 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
I've had that happen, where someone gets mad because they can't pass you.

Like it's my fault they are slower and I should just slow down so they can feel better about being able to pass me?

People are weird. No one wants to take any personal responsibility anymore. Everyone wants to just be granted equal results without doing equal the work.

I couldn't pass the old guy in my story in the OP. I'm sure as hell not mad at him about it. It's not his fault he's a stronger rider than I am.

I've had people clearly work like hell just to barely pass me after riding behind me for several miles then just start fading as soon as they get in front. If you pass me in that situation, I'm going to draft you because I sure as heck don't feel any obligation to slow down to match your diminishing speed. Usually I pass them after about a half mile or so and never see them again.

I'm always curious what the scenario is in their head when they struggle so hard just to get in front. I guess they think the guy with white hair is going to lose it at some point.