Old 04-10-19, 11:18 AM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by maartendc
Yeah read some books on it, it is pretty well published. And disgusting to read.

Also, I cannot ever move on from what he did to the sport, so even if I did find his podcast entertaining, I wouldn't support it.

Any job that doesn't remotely involve professional cycling would be fine by me. I guess doing a podcast is much better than him coaching young athlethes or being a Directeur Sportif (I dont think he would be allowed, the UCI has banned him from perhaps ever being involved, not sure).

I see. So you want to chastise him for getting 2 million or more people off the couch and riding bikes here in the U.S.? How about making Trek a household name or the largest bike company in the world. Let's then not talk about the millions he raised for cancer. A few weeks ago it came out that the Australian government paid him 1 million to appear in the tour down under years ago. They have taken flack from that, but the government figures he generated more than 200 million in revenue from that 1 million appearance fee. That seems like a pretty good investment. No current rider, not Froome, nor Sagan could drum up that type of business.

I know you hate the guy and so be it but the fact remains that he is still probably the biggest name in the sport. Love him or hate him, he still draws a crowd. And if you need further "proof" of this star power just search for the most expensive bikes sold to date. He has like 5 in the top 10. Some are well into 6 figures. So he still commands a great deal of interest.

But it is a free country and you are more than welcome to continue the hate.
Likes For rutan74: