View Single Post
Old 04-10-19, 01:40 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Metaluna
I've had great luck with Soma frames, though I've never had a Fogcutter. I was poking around their website and noticed that there's a new Wolverine out as well, the v4.0 which comes in both a "Type-A" and "Type-B" variant. I think the base frame is $599, plus around $250 for the steel through-axle fork. The geometry seems to vary depending on what size you get though. For example the 52 has a stack/reach ratio of around 1.46, which I think would be considered on the aggressive side for gravel. Meanwhile the 54 and 56 are closer to 1.55, which is more relaxed like my Niner RLT9 RDO and Soma Saga (touring frame).
Ive seen this mentioned before- the stack to reach ratio. Is that really a thing? I would think they would want to be evaluated separately and that there isnt a magic ratio since everyone's body is different and some may want more reach while others may want more stack.
Anyways, this got me looking.

My current Black Mountain canti gravel frame is a 1.585 ratio.
In my size-
Otso Warrakin - 1.63
Fairlight Secan - 1.60
Cannondale Topstone - 1.59
All City Cosmic Stallion - 1.54
Black Mountain MCD - 1.65
Canyon Grail - 1.46
Soma Saga - 1.65
Soma Wolverine - 1.59

That Canyon Grail is a crazy outlier for the XL sizes of gravel bike/frames ive looked into.