Old 04-10-19, 07:38 PM
hokiefyd

Bikes: 2018 Redline Zander, 2018 Giant Roam 2, 2015 Trek Verve 3, 1997 Trek 750, 1969 Peugeot PO-18

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 42 Posts
I think the general lack of response is due to a lack of a commonly available product in the marketplace. I think what you seek exists in smaller numbers through smaller frame/bike builders. Something like Soma or Surly or Velo Orange or Rivendell. I would concentrate on what you can't change about a bike very easily, like the frame and bottom bracket type (you need threaded vs. press fit). You can change the gearing or other bolt-ons to suit your preference.

For example, the Velo Orange Piolet would meet some of your criteria. Lots of tire clearance, lots of rack mounts, and threaded bottom bracket. Bring your own drivetrain. Look also at the Velo Orange Polyvalent. Prefer something ready-made? Try the Surly Ogre. It doesn't have a square taper bottom bracket, but it's at least threaded. The Surly Troll is also similar. I imagine there are a good many other choices from other brands...but they're not as well known. Check also in the Touring subforum of BikeForums. Touring bikes and bikepacking bikes often have many of the features you want. Also, so-called "gravel bikes" are also appearing with more frequency, and may come so equipped.