Old 04-11-19, 10:02 AM
Witterings

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
How about a Specialized Sirrus X? I believe it comes with 38mm tires and also has the future shock stem on it. If I was to replace my Roam with a rigid fork bike, it would be that.
That looks lovely ... I'm really not sure about 1 x though and it's an expensive mistake if I don't like it .... there are some others in the Sirrus range, I#ll do some digging and see if they can all take that width of tyre in which case coudl be a serious contender.

Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
fwiw, I was messing with wider tires on hybrids for a cpl yrs, so I could explore off road & then came across a used inexpensive low end 29er style MTB last fall. was pushing the envelope with the hybrids & now this MTB lets me go a little further. certainly getting my $200 worth of fun out of it. without all the junk I strap on to it, it kinda looks like a hybrid, except for the fork
I have a 29er, absolutely love it but they're bloomin heavy ... in an ideal world will hang onto that and use it in the winter as we go over some mud and have the Hybrid with slicker tyres and keep it mainly for summer / rides in the winter when we're not going anywhere muddy.