View Single Post
Old 04-12-19, 12:00 AM
Sjtaylor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bianchi Road Bike

I just acquired a Bianchi road bike. I canít decipher the serial number to get the year but from research I think itís maybe a 1996 or so. The bike is celeste in color and has a Campoine d Italia decal. It looks like old/new stock with no wear from riding, just patina from knocking around in storage and maybe a short ride or two. The grease is gummed up from age so I removed components for a complete cleaning. I donít have the right bottom bracket wrench so itís off to a shop that has a wrench.

Everything seems original, campagnolo and as new but I have a couple questions. The rear derailleur, and crank are Mirage with a triple chain ring. The front derailleur is Shimano 105. The chain was unbroken so Iím wondering if the Shimano 105 was original. The eight speed cassette is a 12-23. Iíve read there are no options get a cassette with a larger spread. Are there cassette options?

I realize this bike is a lower end Bianchi and probably not too valuable. My plan is to clean, reassemble and ride it but I would like to learn what I can about it and what it might be worth. Thanks for any comments or info you might have.