View Single Post
Old 04-12-19, 12:56 PM
csrpenfab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
After getting 2200 miles from the stock tires on my Trek flatbar FXS6, today's task was tubeless road conversion. For my first foray into the tubeless world, it's gone well so far. The TLR rim strips popped right into the Bontrager Affinity TLR wheels with a nice "click". The TLR tires in 700x32c are a very snug fit. A bit of soapy water got the first bead onto the rim, and then my new favorite tool, the Kool-Stop "bead jack" took care of the other side in short order. I can't imagine how I'd ever have gotten these tires on without that tool and a ton of cussing and sore fingers. I will definitely not ever be doing a trail side tube install these tight tires.

Front wheel took about 30 minutes to get all set-up working slowly. After getting the front mounted and before adding sealant, I hit it with my compressor and heard some nice "pops" as the beads seated properly. Even with no sealant, it held air just fine with no leaks. I then pulled the valve core and added 2 oz. of Orange Seal Endurance. Time to give the fingers a break and have some lunch before tackling the rear tire.