Old 04-12-19, 01:57 PM
rustystrings61 

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 694 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
As promised - pics of the Robin Hood and the Super Grand Prix.

As for the Super Grand Prix, I didn't like it initially, and I hate it even more now - I discovered today that the frame has been in a front-ender. I'd be breaking out the Park HTS-1 right now if it wasn't for the fact that I sold the damn thing years ago

-Kurt
Well, in the absence of a Park HTS-1, may I suggest an improvised version I used a couple of years back in the Clunker Challenge?

- that's a 3/4-in diameter piece of pipe purchased at Lowe's I use as a cheater bar thrust through the headset cups, fixed it in place with zip ties that I held together with shock cords to a handy nearby utility pole. Then I ran many wraps of rope around and around and around to bind the pipe to the pole, removed the shock cord, cinched things down as tightly as I could manage, grabbed the frame by the chainstays and pulled upward. And it worked. I pulled the frame back into plane, with the top and down tubes straight again. I figure Mercier's LuxTub tubing is probably comparable to the 2040 stuff Raleigh used on your bike ...