View Single Post
Old 04-13-19, 11:10 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I was theorizing that the bike equipment distributors might make available 'white label' website functionality, in a way any LBS could have what appears to be their own online presence, with the shown inventory the same as whatever the distributors have. Eg. have a look at this page of saddles at Brands. 555 items are available 'from warehouse', while 127 of the items are in stock. https://www.brandscycle.com/product-...22/?rb_ct=1084
I can't believe (but admit I could be wrong) that this shop has really secured all of this inventory (over 600 models of saddle) and keeps the majority of it in a warehouse somewhere.
Neither one of us know what is up with that. You propose an interesting theory. I have no comment because I have no real-world information.

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
FYI.. the photo of the store was a screenshot from what shows up on Google streetview (which I thought was usually at least somewhat current).
That's fine, but look at the shop you showed and look at the pictures of the store's interior they have on the page you linked to? Look at the range of products they list, and look at the size fo the shop you posted.

I again, have no actual information. Maybe the photos on the website are from some other shop? I simply do not know, and I am not about to ride out there to see.