Old 04-13-19, 03:23 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by zjrog
I understand that the base has changed, it was quite a bit different between 81 and 89... Progress can't be avoided. I would LOVE to visit just for the Aircraft Museum!

Edit: When I Whenat Photo School in 89, I stopped in a bike shop and came close to buying a new Rakeigh MTB. But, uncertainty with shipping a new bike to Hawaii after school, I waited. That Raleigh got me back to riding, actually. Still haven't had a Raleigh...
Raleigh in '89, must have been Jim and Mary Fortney's shop over on 12th Ave, of one of the short lived places. Now its Truly Spokin' and Pensacola Cyclesport as the two major shops, with a few smaller operations that fill some niches. National Museum of Naval Aviation has grown immensely since you were here, it has now included an education aspect that runs a school simulating life on board a carrier for a week, with students coming in from around the nation. The retired USMC LTGEN that heads the museum, for the Enterprise Foundation, spoke at our church's men's group last October, the foundation is really on top of things and has it well under control/planned out.

If you get the chance to come back, give me a shout and I'll make sure you get the .25 tour, and perhaps we can pedal some miles around the area. Its a much different environment on board now, NATTC came from NAS Millington and all aviation rates train here now, busy place, and the USAF moved all of its UNT here, on board NAS Forrest Sherman Field, too. Corry Station is about to burst with the joint forces training in cyber defense and CT/EW/IT.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13