Old 04-14-19, 08:01 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by venturi95
OK, you are cluleess if you think that you can make the trees and vegetation of California fireproof with thinning, you are SPITTING IN THE OCEAN. There was intensive cutting and thinning just up the road from me in the Campfire and it did nothing, zip, zilch, zero. I was in the campfire and saw it with my own two eyes.Do you have any idea how many thousands of square miles of forest there are to "manage", and how many millions of dollars it would require, it is incalculable. The fires in California are getting worse due to climate change and people building in the wild areas more. I must be smarter than you, because you don't know your rear end from a hole in the ground. Turn off Fox news and AM hate radio and educate yourself, if your mind hasn't already been poisoned. You keep going on about MTBE in California as if it defines the last 49 years of the EPA! "Search" means use a search engine, This took me all of 30 seconds:

banning the widespread use of the pesticide DDT, which was decimating bald eagles and other birds and threatening public health; achieving significant reductions in sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide emissions that were polluting water sources via acid rain; changing public perceptions of waste, leading to innovations that make use of waste for energy creation and making new products; getting lead out of gasoline; classifying secondhand smoke as a known cause of cancer, leading to smoking bans in indoor public places; establishing stringent emission standards for pollutants emitted by cars and trucks; regulating toxic chemicals and encouraging the development of more benign chemicals; establishing a national commitment to restore and maintain the safety of fresh water, via the Clean Water Act; promoting equitable environmental protection for minority and low-income citizens; and increasing public information and communities’ “right to know” what chemicals and/or pollutants they may be exposed to in their daily lives.
YOU ARE BLOCKED
I see you know virtually nothing of how forest fires burn. How all the dead wood mandated to be left in the forest, the prohibition of camp fires, the prohibition of taking wood for fire places, putting out small fires too soon and the blocking of logging creates huge amounts of fuel for forest fires and allows the fire to burn much hotter. These super fires spread faster, jump fire breaks easily and kill off the seeds that would have been activated by the normal heat of a standard forest fire. It will take many decades for the land burnt by these super to grow back. Normal forest fires have young growth the very next season. If we want to maintain good mountain biking and cycle touring in our mountains, our government needs to stop being so stupid.

You also know little of the issues you pulled off the internet. Doing an internet search does not mean you are educated on the subject. DDT was not nearly the carcinogen that the EPA claimed. 'Clean Water Act', how about that EPA and local state of Michigan craziness:
Steve Tvedten and the Dam Beavers - a tribute to the human spirit in spite of supidity ... A REAL STORY