Old 04-16-19, 07:12 PM
retrofit 

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shrevvy View Post
The big change is that if you refund a sale, Paypal will not refund your fees. This is all over other boards as well. If you sell a $500 item and that item is returned, the buyer is refunded his full $500, but Paypal keeps the $15 in fees that the seller paid on that sale. The seller eats those fees. Combined with eBay’s policy (if that is where the sale occurred) of siding nearly 100% with the buyer in any dispute or return, sellers are likely to see their costs rise. I am not aware of any (reputable) merchant account that would do the same. It appears to be a gross overreach by Paypal.
I think this change will have little effect on transactions on this forum (and ThePaceLine where I also hang out) as my impression is that sellers typically state "request" that buyers pay the fees as part of the purchase if not using F&F. Like Robbie, I just include the 3% rather than deal with F&F's lack of protection.

(Side issue: I've never understood why buyers and sellers just don't agree to split the fees since both are using the PayPal service -- buyer includes an additional 1.5%, seller "eats" 1.5%. Oh well.)