Old 04-18-19, 09:30 AM
Kabuki12

Bikes: 1973 Windsor Profesional,1976 Kabuki diamond formula with full Campy, 1977 Raleigh Competition GS , 1971 Stella original Campy equip. 1978 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, 1972 Italvega Gran Rally ,1972 Super Mondia Special

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm View Post
That's the point I was trying to make in my assorted posts above. It was pointed out that components can be changed, and that is true. But the components are Raleigh-branded OEM stuff that one way or another came on a Raleigh. The Raleigh-branded seat post and crank are components we've never seen in the US. So whereas it would be possible to get some random Raleigh frame and put random other parts on it, the Raleigh-branded OEM parts are not available in the US and never were. They came on a Raleigh, and judging by the quality of the crank, they came on a pretty good one. This was a pretty good one. frame quality consistent with the components. So I see no reason to think anything was changed.
My daughter has a 1978 Super Grand Prix with Raleigh branded cranks like the ones pictured but hers are drilled for the trouser guard ring. I thought they looked like SR cranks. Joe joesvintageroadbikes.wordpress