Old 04-18-19, 01:56 PM
firstbikein12

Bikes: I'd love a hybrid??

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brian3069 View Post
I think the fork might be a replacement. Also, it looks like there's something going on where the bottom and top tube meets the head tube. I'd be concerned about head-on crash damage.
Originally Posted by wrk101 View Post
Forks don't get lost, they get replaced for damage. So check the remaining frame for any front end collision damage too. Originally this bike had a painted fork (I had one). If you are uncomfortable doing this check, skip it.

Replaced fork is not the end of the world. And often a fork will get damaged without damaging the rest of the frame. Careful inspection is the only answer.

There doesn't seem to be any damage. I reached out to the bike shop the original owner bought it from and they said the fork was replaced because of rust around some scrapes and dings that it had when it came in. They gave it new tires and tubes, new brakes and break lines, and a new seat. Everything else was untouched and in working order. It was there about a year ago, and the old owner never really used it and was moving so I got it for $100. It's a comfortable size but I think I'll want new handlebars.