View Single Post
Old 04-21-19, 07:22 AM
Trinity Pratt

Bikes: 2014 Wilier Zero.9, 2010 Orbea Aqua, 2007 Ross mtb, 1972 Sekine GS, 1971 Motobecane Grand Record, 1953 Parkes Magpie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did the new cassette have more cogs than the old? When I got my Wilier last summer, I replaced a 10 with an 11. It was okay, but the tire ran very close to the left chainstay, and would rub at times under tension (pedalling). Had already been through this after changing cassettes on my MTB last year, LBS mechanic said the wheel needed redishing. Was able to do it with the wheel on the bike, loosen the non-drive-side spokes and tighten the drive-side, all the way around. The MTB works, have ridden some tough single track stuff and it's been great. So just a few days ago, actually, got around to trying the same fix with my Wilier. Totally unscientific, I know, but went around the wheel loosening the NDS nipples 1/2 turn, then around again tightening the DS side 1/2. Have ridden nearly 100 miles since, including a metric yesterday with a mountain climb midpoint. The tire runs 1/4 inch clear of the chainstay now and all is well. This is with 23s on this wheelset, btw ... I doubt I could have even spun the wheel with anything fatter before.