Old 04-21-19, 03:23 PM
Cougrrcj 
Over forty victim of Fate

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
It is getting to that time of the year when it is light enough in the morning where I can start commuting by bike on non-rainly days.... My commute is 12.5 miles each way, and my 'goal' is to beat my fastest time of 41 minutes, but in reality, just trying to make it in under 44 minutes. That's averaging over 17mph, including time spent at traffic lights. My riding speed is somewhere around 20-21. Not really hammering, but a good workout. I slow down the last two miles to around 15mph to 'cool down' a bit so as not to arrive at work all sweaty and winded.

Now for my bike and 'kit'... Either my '75 Fuji S-10S with rear rack --30 pounds as ridden with rack, full water bottle, tool bag, PLUS with my work clothes rolled up and bungied to the rack-- or my 24-pound Miyata 710 with full bottle and a handlebar bag... (I try to keep a change of work clothes in my locker at work). Both bikes have bright rear blinkies. I'll be wearing hiking cargo-type shorts, a safety neon yellow t-shirt and work boots (plus helmet and crochet-back cycling gloves) and wrap-around sunglasses.

Me? I'm a 5'8" borderline Clyde - complete with 'aero-belly' -- and over 60. Balding, graying.... Your typical Old Fart.
'86 Miyata 710
'90 Schwinn Woodlands
Huffy MTB - for trips to corner store
MTB of questionable lineage aka 'Mutt Trail Bike'