Old 04-21-19, 10:31 PM
lgvincent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I could use your input on color selection of kits & helmet(s)

I have what many of you may consider a stupid problem but it bothers me just the same and I would appreciate your opinions on this.

For some years, I have been riding a 2009 Scott CR1 Team road bike. I'll try to put up a photo but it is white, black and just a touch of yellow in color. Over that time, I've managed to acquire several Scott kits to wear with it which match very well, two yellow, white and black helmets (1 of which is a Scott), which also match it very well and because I really like yellow jerseys so much, hoping they might be easy to be seen by drivers, I've purchased several other kits with yellow being the primary color in the jersey.

Unfortunately, I had a really nasty accident in August 2017 and cracked the top tube, meaning until repaired, my Scott can't be ridden.

I also have a 2013 Trek Domane 6.9 which is white, black and red. I only have 1 kit to match it at the moment but because I like the yellow jerseys so much, I'd like to continue to use them even though they don't match the bike.

I was wanting to purchase a bright yellow MIPS helmet at the time of the accident but had to put that off until I can get my medical bills paid. I was recently in a shop to have some work done to my Trek and while there saw a bright yellow Bontrager MIPS helmet that really stands out so I'm thinking it might be helpful in making me visible to road drivers but they also have a red one which will match my bike.

I'm slowly trying to get a few kits to match the Trek colors but my question to you is, considering I really like yellow jerseys and helmets in the hope that they are more visible to drivers would you use kits, helmets and gloves with those colors with a white, black and red bike?

Former Scott below and current Trek below it:

I love both these bikes although I've had the Scott longer so it is my favorite but the Trek is helping me overcome the accident and ride again.