View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 10:53 AM
ridethetown

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 2019 Specialized Diverge Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Bronson S Aluminum 27.5, 2014 Wabi Classic (Fixed)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
As a '19 Comp Di2 owner, I agree that the bike feels fantastic, very planted on descents. Not a fan on the hover bars, just got mine swapped out for some narrower Zipp Service Course 80 Ergos. The Power is their most popular saddle, although they're meant for more aggressive riding position and my fitter said they typically are angled down. I prefer them for comfort over long rides because they do a much better job of supporting the sit bones than traditional shapes. Your cassette should be 11-34t unless you changed it.

I don't like the DT R470 wheels. I have Hunt Aero Light Disc wheels on my Al bike and they are way more nimble and aero, plus the low pawl engagement on the rear hub is a noticeable downgrade. I plan to get some Light Bicycle deep section wheels later, just living with the stock wheels so I can fully appreciate the upgrade.
You're right - it is 11-34. It just felt low still so I assumed it was 12, further driving home the notion that the adjustment back to compact gearing will take some getting used to. Looking at the claimed weight of the wheelset, it's around 1650 grams. I'd have guessed closer to 1900, but I guess it's the weight of the discs I'm not used to. I'll definitely give these wheels a pounding but might look for an upgrade this summer.

Originally Posted by datlas
Nice review.

One suggestion?

Lower your tire pressure by 10-15 PSI. Running same PSI in 28’s as you do in 23’s is too much.
Good suggestion - I think I could probably go 80/90 and even further improve the already luxurious ride.

Originally Posted by Dean V
You must of changed your saddle/bar drop a huge amount going from the Tarmac to a larger size Roubaix + hover bars.
From 9.5 cm to 2 cm!