Old 04-27-19, 09:04 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronmcd
Gonna try and get 350-400 TSS this weekend (try and break 1400 on Saturday, then attempt to get 80 minutes of zone 4 on Sunday), then bike rest week, then hopefully maybe come back with a less embarrassing FTP.
Didn't have the best sprintervals today, but did get over 1300 a few times. Arms were actually hurting a bit. Good thing I'm on deload week. Also only rode an hour cuz my wife wanted to do a big hike then go out for dinner.

On the hike:
Sooo many wildflowers! Took photos of maybe 30 different kinds. Then we found a secret pond where we had lunch and signed a 6 year old geocash we discovered.
Then we ran across a zen farm creek rehab type place with a bunch of awesome flowers.
Then we attempted to light a fire on the beach in strong wind with nothing but trash and a small bit of driftwood tinder. Got a big ass blister on my thumb but after 30 minutes or so we had a small fire going.
Then a couple came by with firewood and a cooler, and the guy came by and traded us some firewood for some fire, and told us their son was shot dead last month.
Then it was awkward.
Then later on the hike back we discovered and ate tiny wild strawberries.
Then we found the same type of poisonous newt I picked up last hike.

Now we have to go eat a big fat dinner.