View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 11:09 AM
Last ride 76 

Location: Just moved...1 km S. Now above the "Bike Path" ( River Road, Piermont, NY)

Bikes: Old Bikes: '74 Ron Cooper, Crashed and repaired '76, restored 2015!!! need restoration '74 Witcomb track bike (bought in '75) '75 Carlsbad Masi, bought in '76 New bikes: 84-85 Gios torino "Professional" '76 Olmo Competition C Titiano

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa View Post
+1 Drivers will think you're deranged and stay farther away. Also may function as a disguise thus reducing embarrassment (if that's an issue) though it will require changing in a phone booth... um, I think there's a slight problem here.

I always liked the theory behind the sideways flags that many rental bikes used to have on Cape Cod, since some drivers think that 8 inches is plenty of leeway for cyclists. The problem is that some of those same motorists hate being told what to do, and took them as a personal challenge.

I use those little LED bullets set to flash, and now leave the red rear one on all the time. As a motorist they catch my eye pretty well, and I hope they will do the same when I'm the one on the bike.
Likes For Last ride 76: