View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 09:36 PM
nslckevin

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by threeteas
I need some suggestions from other masters level cyclists.

I'm 48. I'm sure many of you have battled the "weight creep" over the years. As my early 40s were spent chasing toddlers and small kids around and getting fat (I had kids late) I have literally found that the last 20 pounds just won't come off now that I've started getting serious about cycling again. And I'm a big dude; 6 feet and 180 - 185 at my leanest racing weight as an adult when I was a Cat. 3 in the 1990s. I'm still at 210 and am racing my first criterium in 10 years coming up in two weeks. All the old tricks don't work anymore: fasted 3 hour zone 2 rides, 200 mile weeks, and even intermittent fasting. I mean, the weight literally will not come off. I realize that if I just resign myself to being 210 that I'll never realize my potential as a masters cyclist--but I'm a very goal oriented person and this has been frustrating as hell.

Just wondered what other have done.

Thanks!
Get MyFitnessPal on your phone.
Log everything you eat
Log your exercise.
Let the program do the math.

You will be amazed at some of the things you do regarding eating that are working against you. Find other options that satisfy you without so many calories. I lost 40 pounds this way about 13 years ago and have been logging everything I eat since then.
Likes For nslckevin: