Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
If people pay more for one airline or bus carrier or hotel or store or filling station than another, it may have to do with something about product/service quality ...
Yes.

I happily pay more for leg room on long-haul flights. Why? Because I want comfort!

I happily pay more for hotels in certain circumstances. Why? Because I want comfort!

I happily pay more for food in certain restaurants. Why? Because it meets my standards. I'm really not that interested in cheap fast food anymore.

Same with lots of different things. It has to do with product/service quality.

I just bought new glasses. I could have gone with the cheapo place, but I've done that in the past and have not been happy. Instead I went with a place that offers quality and service, and for the first time I've been able to wear progressive lenses!!

That's how it works for me.

As far as buses go, I have used them and may do so again. But personally, I prefer to use planes or trains. They are simply faster. Also, they are much more likely to take bicycles.

In fact, when we've opted for train travel in Europe or here in Australia, and something happens that they have to put a bus on for a stretch of the route, it's a real pain when we've got our bicycles with us because they usually don't take bicycles. So suddenly we've got to ride or find alternate transportation. Fortunately that has not happened very often.

Funny thing ... bit of an aside ... there's a stretch in Zwift that Rowan and I have cycled in real life because the trains stopped and people were heading for buses, but Rowan and I decided to cycle back to our hostel. It's in a/the London scenario.

So that would be one big improvement for us on buses ... ensure that they will take bicycles!!