Old 04-29-19, 03:03 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Had the miseries Saturday, mostly snoozed all day. I usually get body aches and sinus headaches from barometric pressure drops with approaching storm fronts. There was nothing in the forecast but, sure 'nuff, a big 'un hit late Saturday night. After that I felt pretty good.

I must have needed that rest day because Sunday I rode my fastest times on a familiar 30 mile circuit with some loops since before my shoulder/neck injury in May 2018 and bout with thyroid cancer. I was starting to think I'd never get my mojo back, but I was able to at least borrow a little spare mojo for Sunday's ride.

I'd like to claim credit for all the physical therapy I've been doing, but I think the bike helped a little. I snagged an old 1993 or '94 Trek 5900 frame from a friend (he only wanted the Dura Ace groupset; I only wanted the frame). He put it back together with some perfectly good Shimano 600 Tricolor components, Dia Compe brakes and Wolber Alpine rims. Good enough for my level of conditioning. The Trekenstein is about 5 lbs lighter than my steel road bike and I can feel some advantage on climbs.

Or maybe I just had a good day. Either way, I'll take it. Feel like I'm almost ready to join the local club B-group rides again.