Old 04-29-19, 03:28 PM
gugie 
Crapmaster Emeritus

Bikes: JP Weigle'd Raleigh Competition reconstruct, 73 Raleigh Competition 650b'ed, 96 Bike Friday NWT, 83 Lotus Classique, 78 Centurion ProTour, 73 Raleigh Grand Sports

Mentioned: 774 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyace View Post
I did stop to help her out, she couldn't get out of her pedals. I was a bit taken aback when I first saw her, as I couldn't understand what had happened for her to fall over, and then it registered, "Ah, the pedals." She wasn't able to get a foot out until I picked her up. Fortunately, she was otherwise unhurt.

As for the bikes, it was funny when one older gentleman looked at us and said, "Looks like you guys decided to pull the vintage bikes out of the garage!" Well yeah, because that's all we've got! As Andy put it, "Otherwise known as 'the bikes.'"
I was very tempted to yell out to Johnny, as he pulled us pass yet another group of plastic bikes, "hey, Johnny, how much you pay for that bike?", and he'd yell back, "Two-fiddy*, Gugie! Two-fiddy!"

*I'm not sure how much he paid for that Italvega, it may have been less...