Old 04-30-19, 08:55 AM
julius rensch

Bikes: 1972 Raleigh Tourist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sykerocker
Speaking as one who has a '73 Tourist, 24" frame (I clear it, just barely), as well as a 23-1/2" frame '69 Raleigh Sprite (Sturmey-Archer S5), the Tourist gets used in all commuting that is five miles and less and doesn't expect me to carry a package that won't fit in my large Schwinn seat pack or messenger bag. I've been doing this for five years now, find I like the Tourist better than the Sprite in everything except brakes (especially on wet rims), and consider the Tourist probably the best commuter bike ever made.

You certainly want to keep that Tourist. There's is nothing classier in bicycles made.
.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

My Tourist was a Christmas present from my wife back in 1972.....although my Gal has passed back in 2007...my reliable Steed remains. While my Raleigh has approximately 60,000 miles on it....me, the sole rider, has many more at the age of 78. LOL
Just for the record, my Raleigh Superb with Dynamo Hub feels rather "spindly" by comparison.
Julius in Ohio