Old 05-02-19, 03:47 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
When I first saw previews, I had no interest. It looked silly. Somewhere around season 3 or 4, we put it on because there was nothing else on TV and became intrigued. So we started watching it from the beginning. We ended up binge watching the first 3 or 4 seasons over about two weeks. It's incredibly entertaining.

I did learn early on though to not read about it online or look it up on IMDB - which will tell you who dies.

Honestly, at this point, my wife is much more into it than I am, but I do want to see how it ends.

(I also tried reading the books and could not get into it. A friend who has read them told me I was lucky. He said he felt like he wasted four months of his life reading those books.)
The books are okay, but they're much slower and many more characters. I found myself having to wiki names because they'll have a Bob Johnson, Bob Johanssen, and Bob Jackson in the same book (aliases, but you you get the point). Its really a collection of stories in the same timeline (akin to the TV Show) and some of them are quite boring.