Old 05-05-19, 01:01 PM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
Different Strokes for well....

I work from home (freelance contractor) and with some of the jobs I get, waiting 10, 30, 60 minutes to respond to certain people, messages and other things going on can be a deal killer.

Because I have my phone and can take it with me I can pretty much ride whenever I want. Morning... noon... early evening. Whatever works best.

Where I ride is underpopulated. On my regular 1 hour rides I might get passed by 10 cars on a busy day. I see more wildlife than cars or people.

So I do use my phone as my bike computer and maps when needed and see my texts, calls and emails while I am riding. If it is important enough to reply I usually slow down or stop to make the reply or call back.

When I am in the city working a job and riding, I'll pull off the road, out of the path of others to return a call, text or email. I do often pull out my phone to quickly glance at notifications if I am in the city at a red light and did not bring my bike mount for the phone.

Texting, talking, emailing while riding on a road or path with other people / cars present is certainly not smart.

-Sean