Old 05-06-19, 08:35 AM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11

Also, to those above saying there's no difference between a $2,500 bike and a $5,000 bike... I beg to differ.

I haven't read anyone claiming there's "no difference" between bicycles at the various price points. What I do understand, and am claiming for myself only, is that I cannot appreciate any perceptible difference between a $2500 and $5000 bike. If anything, the more expensive bikes feel more frail and delicate beneath me, which at my size and weight isn't a good thing. But certainly, if I could perceive and enjoy the benefits of a more expensive bike, I'd buy it. Not trying to sound arrogant here, but for me money is no object. I can quite comfortably afford to buy any bicycle on the market but choose to stop at the price point where there is no longer any perceptible benefit for me. I readily accept the idea that price points and the perceived benefits can be very different for others.

If durability and comfort were the most important qualities in cycling and commanded the highest prices, I'd be paying much more. But the premium is placed on light weight, speed and sometimes exotic materials for which I have no need. I get off relatively cheap.

-Kedosto