View Single Post
Old 05-06-19, 10:52 AM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Aubergine
I appreciate the comments. I fortunately have a friend who is an expert at reselling things, so I may simply rely on her to try to figure out a decent price. And you are right, there are quite a few shops in Seattle, with whom I am on good terms (see my sig below. ;-) ) A couple of the frames have a chip or two in the paint but seem pretty sound otherwise.
Well, that's the problem with carbon fiber. A chip on the outside could be indicative of a serious fault on the inside. If you're not the original owner, or someone who can explain how the chips occurred, or, you don't want to pay to get them professionally inspected and certified, I personally wouldn't pay very much for them at all unless I wanted a bike to keep on the trainer. Carbon is very moldable, very light and very strong, but it is also very brittle. Not trying to knock the frames, just sayin' .... Hell, if I was anywhere near Seattle, I'd be tempted to come look them over to pick one up myself. But asking for even a ballpark price on a carbon frame over the internet is almost impossible.
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike