Thread: Freewheel ideas
View Single Post
Old 05-07-19, 10:53 AM
Kabuki12

Bikes: 1973 Windsor Profesional,1976 Kabuki diamond formula with full Campy, 1977 Raleigh Competition GS , 1971 Stella original Campy equip. 1978 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, 1972 Italvega Gran Rally ,1972 Super Mondia Special

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by daviddavieboy View Post
Has anyone had success at finding new freewheels for their old bikes, specifically 6 speed ones? It seems that the only ones from Shimano have that ugly black large cog and the quality of the sunrace ones is less than desirable. So far I purchased a sunrace and was disappointed as it had some serious play and excessive wobble, and a Evo one (very good looking with ramps) that I could only get as a 7 speed but the chain will not run on the lowest cog. The bike is NR with english thread campy hubs and I would like the large cog to be a 28 and the small one 13 or 14.
You might check with Pastor Bob in New Hampshire. He runs a little side business The Freewheel Spa and is very fair . He may have what you are looking for or could build you one. He is a regular here on bike forums. Joe joesvintageroadbikes.wordpress