Old 05-11-19, 09:43 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Sustainability in a world with more people than it can support is a dream not a reality. What people do and are doing can be measured and studied.
Assumptions of overpopulation are just that, assumptions. Let me ask you this: do you think it is possible for engineers to build a space station/vehicle that can sustain human life in a self-contained system outside of Earth's biosphere? If you do, why wouldn't you think humans can live sustainably within the biosphere? If not, then what do you think it is about the biosphere that makes human life possible, when it isn't possible to sustain outside the atmosphere?

My my observations are only relativism in that they do not see your wishes regarding trains, Buses, dense living and lack of sprawl as absolute truths. I see your solutions as dreaming about a society that no longer exists, if it ever did.
You're talking in circles. Relativism is asserting that the truth about anything is subjective to avoid dealing with that truth. It's an escape hatch when you're failing to win an argument against truth.