Old 05-15-19, 04:14 PM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I didn't realize they had quality issues; that's a bummer. On paper it looked like a good option for the OP. Yeah, in that case the BF Pocket Llama makes the most sense if they want to use it to replace their hybrids.
To make it clear: It is not that they would have a series of breakages or such or even a high amount. I cannot judge on this but have no indicators for that. I just know a couple of breakages (pic and stories are in the Birdy thread) and for me personally - especially in combination with their customer service - this is a deal breaker, having in mind the possible outcome. It is a shame that r-m seem basically to have abandoned the Birdy more or less. They focus on normal sized electric bikes and cargo bikes for quite some years already (where they have a huge lineup of models as well as a huge lineup of customers that are unhappy with their customer service for those bikes that cost thousands of Euros) but still sell the bike they started with but it does not seem to get a lot attention by it's inventors. Overpriced as many would say and neglected.

BTW. I personally own an older pocket LLama and like it but ride it only very occasionally.