clydeosaur

Bikes: Cannondale Six5, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR & old Hard Rock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by medic75 View Post
Thanks.

The LBS offered to set me up tubeless at no cost. I am assuming that means labor and sealant because the bike is supposed to be tubeless ready. I have never done tubeless, as I have never seen a need to. My gravel bike is tubeless ready, but I have never had a flat or seen a need to run lower pressure, so tubeless just seemed like more of a hassle than anything else. I figured I will try it, but I also know that the LBS is probably counting on future sales of sealant.

I have been considering Jones h-bars as longer rides with flat bars usually result in my hands going numb. I can only imagine that this will be exacerbated by the wider bars of the Stache. Time will tell on that because I am not ready to dump that kind of $$$ on bars just yet and apparently people like them because I can't find any used ones for sale.
Have the shop set you up tubeless & just ride it for a while. The weak point on mine so far has been the rear hub. Grenaded it after a few months. Other than that, it has been great.