View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 06:46 AM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by GeezyRider
Hey Frank, you put a smile on my face this morning making me remember what one of my old bosses always said, "We didn't get much done today but we'll give 'em hell tomorrow!"

I also agree with the sentiment of others that most people our age (I'm 72) couldn't imagine riding a bicycle 8 miles in a single day. I used to get upset with myself if I didn't ride at least 20 miles every time I got on my bike but now I cherish every ride no matter the length. I feel blessed to be in good health and physical condition. And, riding seems more enjoyable to me now than ever before.

Best regards, Don
Thanks for this and all the support here. I am somewhat of a walking gift to my self in that I was told after surgery on my spine in 2001 that I would never be on a bike again or do any heave work. After I went through physical therapy I realized I was better off than I had been in years so I reopened my residential plumbing business and worked it, with knowledge of my obvious limitations, until 2014 when I retired. Got back on a used Schwinn and rode that for a year and moved on to my Quick 7 and now my 3. I enjoy myself but have felt like a pretender when I hear the miles so many people on these forums rack up but the responses here have been a real eyeopener and foundation of encouragement. Thank you all for the support. I truly appreciate it.
Frank.

Last edited by Helderberg; 05-21-19 at 06:49 AM.
Likes For Helderberg: