Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by La Brea Bike
I got the task of turning 2019 Raleigh Grand Sports into late 70's "vintage" looking bikes for a movie... I have one day to do a test build for approval. I know.

If they had given me a couple weeks I could have found multiple actual vintage frames to build to the exact same spec (these will be one bike in the movie).

We're doing a drivetrain swap with earlier gen 105 stuff to change to silver groupo. I know, but it's our best option for multiple quantities of parts in this time frame. We are swapping over to Dia-Compe Non Aero Levers, but having the threadless stem is killing me visually. I'm currently thinking black to minimize visibility... Anyone have any recommendations for things in my control? Seriously, I know frame and fork are impossible to be made to mimic a traditional bike. The frames will be painted by the studio.

https://www.raleighusa.com/grand-sport
Dang right we are! It's the film biz.Too simple just to do it right...

Seriously why build one? Can't you just source a real one? There must be some prop house that has/ has access to all sorts of vintage bikes. If not, there's a business to go into... but I'm sure there is someone already doing it.