Old 01-26-06, 05:07 PM
Cyclist0094
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toomanybikes
While it is true that he was a builder in California and therefore a "west coast" builder he was in fact a highly regarded and justifiably sought after frame builder in England before he ever moved to the US.

His pedigree stretches back over many years and I think to refer to him simply as a "westcoast" builder does him a dis-service. He is really one of the legends in the business.

One of the reasons I was so thrilled recently when I picked up an early Moulton which I will be restoring.

Even better - the man himself has been very helpful in directing me to solid info on restoring as well as providing original build info on my new bike which was from England, before he ever became a "west coast" builder.
No "Dis" on Dave meant, When I wrote the post I intentionaly didn't mention his previous years building in England so as not to confuse him with Alex Moulton. I have to admit, that though I knew he moved to states from England I didn't know until I read his website that he had been building that long prior to coming to the US.