View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 10:37 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2923 Post(s)
Liked 2,914 Times in 1,488 Posts
Originally Posted by HmongAmish
Any luck looking through the catalogs?
I unfortunately don't have a lot of 2000s catalogs, but from what I see, on bike pedia, the EVO4 is definitely wrong as stated and shound be EV3. Most of these seem to be associated with something else in the name.

I think at best this is a repaint or worse a fax. I am not expert and on this era and going mostly off pics in Bikepedia but.... that '74 world championship decal is really out of place as there have been several world championships since then and most bikes just had a generic World Champion decal by them. Also the shape of the headtube looks different from what I see on bike pedia, most of the bikes there seem to also sport DT bosses and cable stops rather than brazed on stops.

The 2002 EV4 was all AL, according to the catalog, with more traditional seat stay / seat lug arrangement, and fork.

https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...spx?item=37570

I'd try BikePedia but leave the O off there is No room for Extra Virgin Oil in vintage bikes.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk