Old 05-30-19, 06:16 AM
Bomarc

Bikes: Miele Latina, Worksman INB, Rapido Eska Folder, Raleigh Superbe, Raleigh Sprite, Soma Stanyan 650b, VeloSolex 3800, Raleigh Competition GS, CTC Supercycle, Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
ok - it's done... almost

Engineering challenges solved:

3-speed cable fulcrum equivalent installed (thanks to Mark at the LBS for refining the idea I had, and letting me have the part)

The other technical challenge that I got ideas for solving on another thread here. Not the prettiest part, but it was in the bin.

and a couple shots of the drivetrain. I especially liked the idea of throwing Sir Walter's reflectorized pedals on it...

This is the good news, including the fact that the bike does indeed shift through all the gears, and there are no chain issues with the range - especially given the 34-36-40 triple up front.

I want to give it a good shakedown ride before this weekend, but first, I need to address the issue of the slight shimmy in the headset. Hoping Mark has a little time to help me sort it out. I've tried two different sizes of balls, and this one just wants to be a bugger.
I’m just so intrigued by your setup of the CS-RF3 hub that I’m considering doing a build. What would you say is the minimum O.L.D. For this hub?