Old 06-01-19, 08:11 PM
game_player_s

Bikes: Raliegh Technium 400, Giant Excursion, GT Cross Series Passage

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Value of a rickshaw?

Just to be clear I'm in a rather hilly part of the U.S.A. where such a thing as a rickshaw is likely the sort of thing to be wholly impractical not to mention something you just never see here. But there's this junk shop kinda of out of the way and for nearly three months now I've been seeing this thing that sort of looked like scrap metal with wheels sitting out front among the large bits of furniture they stick out during business hours trying to sell. It's a shop I've been to many times and for whatever reason I've avoided eye contact with the eyesore sitting out front as it's just beyond where you park at. So a couple days ago, as I happened to be heading home along that road, after hours for the shop sadly, I see this thing looming out there and decide to stop and have a look at whatever this contraption is that's been sitting out there now for the past two or three months, and to my shock it is actually a rather vintage looking rickshaw, in rather poor looking condition.

But of course, like most everyone else here at Bike Forums, if it's got pedals I'm kind of interested in owning the crazy thing. I literally have no clue as to what the asking price is, but I've shopped at the place enough to know the owner is always willing to haggle a deal, especially if the item has been lingering around his cramped place for longer than a couple of weeks. And as I've mentioned already, this is something he's had lingering around now for a couple of months! Sadly I don't have a actual picture of the specific rickshaw in question as I didn't have a camera with me, and my cell phone's excuse of a built-in camera only takes significantly blurry photos. But I searched around the internet and it best resembles this one, but without a canopy... and generally bad shape..:

Was going to stop by and talk the shop owner about the rickshaw today, but for whatever reason the shop never opened today. So my questions is, what would be a reasonable price to offer on a fixer upper rickshaw of this type? Or is it even worth the trouble?