3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26251 Post(s)
Liked 10,232 Times in 7,101 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackspoons
Thank you for all your input!! I just bought the bike!! I wish I could post a photo of it here.. but it appears to have all original parts, but is hurting pretty bad in terms of paint and rust. The kid I bought it off of didn't know much about bikes and didn't take very good care of it. The bike was given to him about 10 years ago when he was in high school.

She's a beauty and fits like a glove . I'm excited to restore her.
Originally Posted by bargainguy
...you'll hit the 10 post minimum. Once at 10 posts, click on the Reply button below (not the Quick Reply button next to it), click on Manage Attachments, and upload from there.
....my suggestion would be to start a thread on whether or not to try to save the paint you have, or to go ahead and fully strip the paint, sand down the rust, prime the entire frame and fork, then paint and apply new decals,

Those threads rapidly balloon into 40 or 50 posts and at least a few pages because of all the various strongly held opinions here about original paint versus repainting. It will be even better if you can't post any photos in the first part of the thread, because then everyone who joins in will have free rein to imagine just how serious are your rust issues.

But these are swell bikes if they fit well, so enjoy in the meantime.