Old 06-05-19, 09:03 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Right, regardless of the facts, or lack of same, just keep on playing a broken record, maybe it will sound true if repeated often enough.
I am going to pay you a rare compliment ILTB and observe that you clearly possess an above average intellect. Therefore it baffles me completely that you have decided to come down hard on the contrarion POV on the whole AV issue. It is looney tunes to imagine that AV's aren't already much better drivers than 8/10 of the human population. Skillswise that is. Machine reactions are faster, period, no contest. The sensor suite of the advanced systems can 'see' in wavelengths of energy impossible for human senses to duplicate. The one thing they lack is intelligence. Real world driving demands tons of it. It's a low bar for us but remains a thus far insurmountable one for the AV. But to bet against them in the naive way that you do everytime the issue comes up is to ignore the evidence of the PC. The Internet. GPS. Space flight. Hell, commercial aviation. These are all commonplace technologies some of which did not even exist as concepts before the 20th Century.