View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 03:03 PM
Dancingbear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsaul
I have a Cricut and it does a great job of cutting vinyl decals and paint masks. I'd be happy to cut some for you, if you have a file. If it's an available font, I can do it without a file.
The available inexpensive vinyl cutters out there now are phenomenal. I'm a Mac guy, so I bought a Silhouette Cameo 3, $250. The software it comes with runs on Mac and Windows, is easy to use, and between the tracing function and availability of images on the web, generating cut files for almost anything is easy. For bikes I've almost exclusively cut adhesive stencils for paint, but I've cut a lot of vinyl for my business, fabric shapes for my wife, the possibilities are broad thanks to the home crafting industry.

I bought it when I wanted to do a restoration on a frame that had originally been hand lettered by a sign painter back in the '70's for me. I spoke with another sign painter and was quoted $500 for the lettering. I bought the Silhouette and used a "hand lettering" font- looks fantastic and paid for the vinyl cutter on the first use.
Likes For Dancingbear: