Old 06-09-19, 11:56 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Two or three walks of 2-5 miles over the weekend.

A 22 mile ride Saturday to test a Wahoo Tickr. Tried for a 20 minute FTP test and had to re-ride my training route two or three times to get one continuous data log. Kept getting glitches and losing logs or they'd be broken up. The monitor is probably fine, but the recent app update was a downgrade in reliability. Hopefully Wahoo will fix that glitch soon. It used to be the most reliable fitness app I'd tried, even on my old iPhone 4s.

But the end result told me pretty much what I already knew without using a heart monitor or power meter. Mildly interesting but no revelation. I'll probably only use it on the indoor trainer or a few training rides up to an hour, but I doubt I'll use the Tickr very often.

And a 28 mile social ride Sunday with some new-to-me folks. The wind was ridiculous, swirling every which way, with gusts almost strong enough to knock us over. We delayed the start, checking the weather until the storm front moved north and east of us. Very pleasant ride after the weather cleared.